Re: DRAWS

Frankly, that is one person's experience/opinion.  As I stated earlier, my experience with WSJT-X on the Raspberry Pi, with the CODEC used in the DRAWS, is that FT-8 runs fine.   This also seems to be the experience of those in this thread. https://groups.io/g/ft8call/topic/26219896#533

Two points --

"What technical support is provided for DRAWS?

NW Digital Radio supports the DRAWS HAT hardware and its driver software.  All other applications are provided on an ‘as is’ basis, with support for configuration and operation of those applications provided by the authors and user community for those applications.  NW Digital Radio’s DRAWS HAT driver and configuration is Open Source Software and is free for amateur radio use."

  • Secondly, NW Digital Radio has a generous Warranty

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 10:21 AM <kc7pmu@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

In light of the article in QST, Oct 2018, "The WSJT-X Appliance" ( page 44) that states the Raspberry Pi does not have sufficient performance to run the FT8 and FT8Call protocols, have you test results on prototypes that would contradict this article?

Edmonds, WA