Re: Linux RMS - headed for digital dustbin?

Scott Currie

So, theoretically yes. I don't currently have a UDRC available, but I have run my plinBPQ node and pointed it to a Direwolf instance running on a different Linux machine on the local LAN. Running on the local host should work the same way. You can use either the AGW port or the KISS port on BPQ, here is the port config I used:

PORT
ID=DIREWOLF KISS
TYPE=ASYNC
PROTOCOL=KISS
IPADDR=192.168.1.88  <-change this to 127.0.0.1 for local host
TCPPORT=8100
CHANNEL=A
QUALITY=0
MAXFRAME=7
FULLDUP=0
FRACK=7000
RESPTIME=1000
RETRIES=10
PACLEN=255
TXDELAY=150
SLOTTIME=50
PERSIST=64
KISSOPTIONS=ACKMODE
ENDPORT

I was testing 4800b connections, so running PACLEN-255, YMMV.

So, the process would be something like:
Install the Compass load with UDRC support.
Install Direwolf and configure it to work with UDRC (well documented on NWDR)
Install plinBPQ and configure a KISS port pointing to localhost.

Then convince your users to run faster than 1200!

-Scott, NS7C