Re: Linux RMS - headed for digital dustbin?

AE7G

One more comment and I will stop.

I consider myself reasonably smart and open to new ideas and new skills.  I also am educated but no science beyond freshman college level and no engineering or computer programming.

Like many other things, computer programming requires practice and repetitive use before you become fluent.  It is comparable to learning a new language, learning to type or learning morse code.   Most of those things are easier to pick up when you are young.

In short, it is not that we in the 80% are less smart or capable, we were just not trained in your language.

People trained in computer language have useful skills and they are capable of applying those skills to do useful things for our community.  If you expect us to be able to use your creative product, you either need to be there for us to set it up and operate it, or you have to put it in a language we understand so we can do it ourselves.

Most of us in this country speak English.  If you write your stuff up in another language, most of us will never be able to use it.    You are never going be able to get us to learn your language.

It is not that we are stupid, we just have other things going on in our lives.