Re: Bring back the UDRC, alongside the DRAWS?

ve7fmn

OK, so then it begs the question, two actually...
I had a custom cable made to interface between the UDRC-2 and my KX3. Will that cable work with my new to me DRAWS?
Can the DRAWS replace a signalink USB in additional to all of the other cool things it does?
PS, mine arrived day before yesterday, thank you, and I was thoroughly spanked by Canada customs and Canada Post (not thank you).

-----Original Message-----
From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bryan Hoyer
Sent: Friday, December 7, 2018 8:01 AM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] Bring back the UDRC, alongside the DRAWS?

Making 2 products causes inventory issues and makes both more expensive.

After we launched the ThumbDV we still get a couple of requests per year for the PiDV but the economics don’t work out.

We spent a lot of time deciding on the GPS. With the UDRC one could add a USB GPS but that wouldn’t give you PPS, which is arguably not a necessity for Ham Radio but is pretty cool. DRAWS is also a 4 layer Board with additional features; ADC, serial port, and Expansion connector, which increases Ir’s cost.

We even did a survey and found that a majority of responders preferred the on board GPS.

By Comparison the popular Signal Link USB with Cable is $129.95 and has only 1 Radio Port and no GPS.

The best way to save Money is to do a group buy:

5% for 5 units 10% for 10. You can mix DRAWs and ThumbDV in the order.

Use coupons:

club5

club10

Join main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.