Re: Bring back the UDRC, alongside the DRAWS?

rdelowrey@...

Bryan

I purchased one of your ThumbDV's several months back. What is the best software to use with this product? Thanks!

Richard DeLowrey KN4JWK

Sent from Rick's IPad

On Dec 7, 2018, at 11:00 AM, Bryan Hoyer <@K7UDR> wrote:

Making 2 products causes inventory issues and makes both more expensive.

After we launched the ThumbDV we still get a couple of requests per year for the PiDV but the economics don’t work out.

We spent a lot of time deciding on the GPS. With the UDRC one could add a USB GPS but that wouldn’t give you PPS, which is arguably not a necessity for Ham Radio but is pretty cool. DRAWS is also a 4 layer Board with additional features; ADC, serial port, and Expansion connector, which increases Ir’s cost.

We even did a survey and found that a majority of responders preferred the on board GPS.

By Comparison the popular Signal Link USB with Cable is $129.95 and has only 1 Radio Port and no GPS.

The best way to save Money is to do a group buy:

5% for 5 units 10% for 10. You can mix DRAWs and ThumbDV in the order.

Use coupons:

club5

club10