From: "John Hays"
To: UniversalDigitalRadio@...
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:25:02 PM
Subject: Re: [UniversalDigitalRadio] Digest Number 24

George

The thinking is HSMM-MESH is a powerful tool in high density scenarios and should be part of the ecosystem.

There is also a need for higher power, mobile and point to point links. The UDR56K will be a work horse for these applications. A self healing, dynamic, mesh protocol would provide the flexibility needed to accomplish those goals.

206-801-0820
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 29, 2012, at 9:15, "George Jones" <hamfiles@...> wrote:

The one thing that is common to all of these technolegies is eithernet and
TCP/IP. Currently the Internet is the method of transport where we as hams
become dependant on the commercial common carriers and there failures. We
need to take a closer look at wireless Mesh Node Networks.

A number of hams around the US are modifying 2.4 and 5.8 GHz WiFi routers to
be used at data bridges. The software being developed has features for
re-routing a path should a particular node becomes unavailable. D-STAR and
other DMR systems all use eithernet to get to the Internet. All of these
systems can just as easily be transported over a wireless MESH NODE network.
What we need is bandwidth with less interference. We are currently blessed
with a number of microwave bands that go under used. We need to develop ham
WiFi networks that operate at 3.4 GHz and some of our other bands. For long
haul paths the new NW Digital radio presents some possibilities at 70 cm.

George W4AQR
w4aqr@...

-----