Re: Bring back the UDRC, alongside the DRAWS?

ve7fmn

It’s the one Mr. Churchward made. I do not have a schematic. One end goes into the UDRC2 the other into a TRRS connector as used by KX3.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bryan Hoyer
Sent: Friday, December 7, 2018 5:28 PM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] Bring back the UDRC, alongside the DRAWS?

Yes, the custom cable will work. You may have to change the alsamixer settings to get the correct audio input as DRAWS has an analog mixer in the front end to select Audio or Discriminator. Seeing as HF rigs don’t have discriminator you need to set alsamixer ti IN_2 instead of the default IN_1 as on the UDRC.

Send me your cable spec and I’ll check it. I have a KX3 Online with DRAWS in my shack.

Yes DRAWS can replace a SignalLink. Now I’m not bashing the SignalLink but the transformer coupled audio prevents doing 9600 FSK on the High End and 4800 GMSK on the Loe end.

On Dec 7, 2018, at 9:03 AM, ve7fmn@... wrote:

OK, so then it begs the question, two actually...
I had a custom cable made to interface between the UDRC-2 and my KX3. Will that cable work with my new to me DRAWS?
Can the DRAWS replace a signalink USB in additional to all of the other cool things it does?
PS, mine arrived day before yesterday, thank you, and I was thoroughly spanked by Canada customs and Canada Post (not thank you).