Re: Bring back the UDRC, alongside the DRAWS?

ve7fmn

It was W7TUT that made the cable.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Budd Churchward
Sent: Friday, December 7, 2018 8:47 PM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] Bring back the UDRC, alongside the DRAWS?

I have not made any cables. You probably got yours from Art Miller or Robert Sears. I think it is safe to assume that if the cable worked on your UDRC it is going to work on the DRAWS. Most of us are using standard cables with mini 6 pin DINs on both ends. Your radio doesn't have that connector so a cable had to be made for it. The mini 6 pin DIN is a pretty standard connector with the pins the same from radio to radio. If NWDR made a change to its connectors they would not be compatible with many radios. My DRAWS board came with two standard, off the shelf, cables. They are not doing anything special.

Budd Churchward
WB7FHC