Re: Digest Number 24

"qrv@..." <qrv@...>

I need to look at the "wireless MESH NODE network".

I did just read that IPv6 can greatly expand the data capacity of a packet.

What, please is the "new NW Digital radio"?

The one thing that is common to all of these technolegies is eithernet and
TCP/IP. Currently the Internet is the method of transport where we as hams
become dependant on the commercial common carriers and there failures. We
need to take a closer look at wireless Mesh Node Networks.

A number of hams around the US are modifying 2.4 and 5.8 GHz WiFi routers to
be used at data bridges. The software being developed has features for
re-routing a path should a particular node becomes unavailable. D-STAR and
other DMR systems all use eithernet to get to the Internet. All of these
systems can just as easily be transported over a wireless MESH NODE network.
What we need is bandwidth with less interference. We are currently blessed
with a number of microwave bands that go under used. We need to develop ham
WiFi networks that operate at 3.4 GHz and some of our other bands. For long
haul paths the new NW Digital radio presents some possibilities at 70 cm.

George W4AQR
w4aqr@...
--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com