Re: DRAWS GPIO/Accessory connector #draws #accessory #adc

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018, 08:04 Ryan Reid <blupanthr2@... wrote:
I'm not one much for understanding schematics, but I'm trying to figure out on the accessory connector you have an Ain2 and an Ain3. Are those auxiliary inputs, or analog inputs? I'm looking for an analog input so that I can monitor external battery voltage. And I'm not sure if the board has an ADC built into it or if I have to connect one externally.

If you are monitoring the supply voltage, that is already handled on the 9-15 VDC input for powering the HAT (and Pi).

There is also a second ADC exposed on the accessory jack.

Also I noticed on there that one of the pins is labeled rx and one is labeled tx.  Do those forward through to the serial port on the raspberry pi, or are they for something else?

Those are for a serial port, it is /dev/ttySC1. The ttySC0 is to the GPS.

Thank you,

Ryan
K1BLU