Re: [udrc] [New post] Sample Cases Have Arrived for DRAWS™ Workstation

Yes

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019, 12:27 <n0so@... wrote:
Will there be one on display at HamCation later this week?

Thanks!
Mike, N0SO

On ‎Monday‎, ‎February‎ ‎04‎, ‎2019‎ ‎11‎:‎07‎:‎04‎ ‎AM‎ ‎CST, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

k7udr posted: "The DRAWS Workstation Case We are excited to give you a preview of the new DRAWS Workstation with it's beautiful red and black anodized aluminum case.  We have received our first manufacturing samples, and they look great. As with any "

New post on NW Digital Radio

.

Sample Cases Have Arrived for DRAWS Workstation

by k7udr

The DRAWS Workstation Case

We are excited to give you a preview of the new DRAWS Workstation with it's beautiful red and black anodized aluminum case.  We have received our first manufacturing samples, and they look great.

As with any new design, there are some minor adjustments that need to be made before production. We are in the process of generating those change orders and they will  be in the hands of our OEM shortly.  This whole process, from change orders, to manufacturing, to delivery, will take approximately 6 weeks.  Look for cases in March.  We will open orders for the case once the production run is initiated.

The MSRP for the case will be $24.95.  As a thank you to our early adopters, we will offer the case for $19.95 for a limited time. (Standard shipping, plus sales taxes for Washington residents will apply.)

We will also announce pricing for the kit and fully assembled versions of the DRAWS Workstation in the coming weeks.  Details to follow.

Power Solution:

After much research, we have settled on a 5.5/2.1 mm Barrel Connector. This is the same connector used by the KPC3+, Elecraft KX3, and other consumer electronics. There are many 12VDC power supplies available with this barrel connector pre-installed. (You may even find a few in your junk box!)

The cases will ship with the panel mount socket which is soldered to the pigtail supplied with the DRAWS board. The first run, early adopters will need to modify the connector on the board slightly to fit in the case; we'll supply an app note. The next, and future, runs will not require any changes.

Powerwerx offers a standard cable to Anderson Powerpoles: DC21ST $7.99

k7udr | February 4, 2019 at 8:57 am | Categories: DRAWS | URL: https://wp.me/p2mAAP-1xv

http://nwdigitalradio.com/sample-cases-have-arrived-for-draws-workstation/

John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA