Re: New Case for RPi, DRAWS and 7 inch LCD - Looking for testers

Basil Gunn

I am in agreement with you Dave.

The 7" Raspberry Pi 800 x 480 resolution touchscreen screens are much
too small for most (any) apps to work without a great deal of
frustration.

The 7" Sunfounder 1024 x 600 resolution displays are marginally better
but still are not that great a user experience.

I find the 10" Sunfounder 1280 x 800 displays work pretty well.

Just my opinion of course.

I would be interested to find out what application people are
using that they find the RPi 7" 800 x 480 touchscreen works well.
I do not use any of my 7" displays any more.

You can find the Sunfounder displays on Amazon with or without
touchscreen.

/Basil n7nix

Dave Phelps <dave.phelps@...> writes:

Can't say anything about the case as I haven't even received a board
yet, but I can chime in on he 7" raspi screen.

It's not big enough to do any serious work on.

A lot of programs with GUIs can't resize that
small, and even if you were running it mostly headless and coming in
off a vnc with a full size screen, that 7" screen won't allow you to
resize your window to a better resolution. I ended up discarding
it. That was my experience anyway. Command line users, of course,
won't notice a thing.