Re: Draws Analog to digital transcoding #draws

N9UMJ

Jim

I'll have to consider the power requirements for a PC I already have 5 Raspberry Pi's running at the site for everything from mmdvm to eEchoIRLP, APRS Plus the repeater and AirFiber bridge from the Fiber Hub 15 miles away,
I'm not a Big fan of windows and a PC is a big power hog, I have over 50 sitting in the corner that have been pulled and rplaced with more energy efficient equipment.
I have a VPN to the site so accessing it isnt a problem,
I has mentioned this to John Hays several months ago and he seemed to think using the Draws board and DV3000 USB would be possible, I was hoping someone has tried it and curious to see the results?

Thank You for your help, Ill look into the BlueDV program as a option.

I'll start looking for the program and information about the process.

73
Rick/n9umj

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 11:10 AM Jim Brown via Groups.Io <w5zit=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
You do have to use a computer running Windows to run the BlueDV program so far as I know.  I only found the Beta version that utilized the AMBE3000 USB dongle.  I used an old desktop with Win7 at the site, and it has continued to run reliably with BlueDV.  I do have a remote VNC program running also to get to the computer from anywhere on the Internet for control.

You configure BlueDV exactly the same as if you were sitting in front of the computer running BlueDV except to utilize the RS-232 control signals for transmit and receive.  I think there are several how-to information sources for implementing the BlueDV program available on the Internet.  As stated in the write-up, the serial ports are different for the AMBE chip and the RS-232 control.

73 - Jim  W5ZIT