Re: Draws Analog to digital transcoding #draws

N9UMJ

Thanks John, I'll take a look at Dummy repeater (G4KLX) I suppose if I have to use a PC I can add anther solar panel to compensate for the additional load?  I'm looking forward to using the DV3000Usb

Rick n9umj

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 12:07 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Dummy repeater (G4KLX) may be a good starting point.  I don't know of anything 'out of the box'.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 8:10 AM Jim Brown via Groups.Io <w5zit=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
You do have to use a computer running Windows to run the BlueDV program so far as I know.  I only found the Beta version that utilized the AMBE3000 USB dongle.  I used an old desktop with Win7 at the site, and it has continued to run reliably with BlueDV.  I do have a remote VNC program running also to get to the computer from anywhere on the Internet for control.

You configure BlueDV exactly the same as if you were sitting in front of the computer running BlueDV except to utilize the RS-232 control signals for transmit and receive.  I think there are several how-to information sources for implementing the BlueDV program available on the Internet.  As stated in the write-up, the serial ports are different for the AMBE chip and the RS-232 control.

73 - Jim  W5ZIT

Edmonds, WA