Re: Internet Fail & Cell Weakness = Need for Ham Network?

Nate Bargmann <n0nb@...>

* On 2012 31 Jul 08:00 -0500, qrv@... wrote:

If we could get back the piece of 220 here that UPS took, then
wasted, perhaps that could be dedicated to the purpose?
Wasn't a portion of replacement bandwidth allocated at 219-220 MHz? I
know for certain that the American Association of Railroads is using
220-222 MHz for Positive Train Control on a national basis. The
railroad I work for is rolling it out now. It will not be allocated
back to amateur radio.

73, de Nate >>