Re: DRAWS™ Shipping Schedule #draws #shipping

Jim Erickson

Feel free to pick away Don.  I will try to make it out to Metrotown Mall, though it won’t be for a few weekends now.  I’ll let you know how I make out getting WinLink working with my current setup.  I’m brand new to WinLink, so there’s a learning curve of what is WinLink to get over as well as how to get it going on the Pi.

I have been making notes on how to configure my current setup (with out the Draws Hardware, but with the Draws Software).  I also have not got it working with Tak’s Vox Box yet, but that is because I’m missing a TRRS cable. Should arrive from Amazon today or tomorrow and then I should be able to use my base station.  Once I’ve got some repeatable notes on setting this up, I’ll share them with you and come out share my findings.

73
Jim
va7shg

On Mar 25, 2019, at 10:24 PM, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

Jim

You met Tak this weekend. I’ve been banging my head to get paclink-Unix to work on my Pi. It looks like I need a draws hat or the whole workstation to make this work. I’ll be picking your brain on getting the pi working. There’s a couple of use who have ordered the Draws workstation. I know it’s a trip to come to Metrotown Mall. We hang out drinking coffee work on the pi’s and promote different digital modes like Fldigi FSQ.

73

Don va7dgp/va7qu

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 20:00 Jim Erickson <jim@...> wrote:
I’m eager to get mine as well, but it will arrive when it arrives. In meantime, I’ve been using the Draws image for raspberry pi, a usb soundcard, a usb gps and a k2 aprs cable and have got a working Fldigi and aprs station as well as JS8Call. Working on getting winlink working next. Have participated in a few FSQ nets as well.

Really appreciate the product, which is just software so far. And can’t wait to get the hardware.

73
Jim
VA7SHG

On Mar 25, 2019, at 18:32, Craig Gilbreath <w5zym73@...> wrote:

I emailed a reply to my order confirmation today and got a reply fairly quickly. Mine ships this week!

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019, 20:14 Troy Davis <troy.davis@...> wrote:
I haven't received a shipping notice either.  Any update?

--
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC

Winlink: va7qu@...