Re: Installing draws image

Douglas,

A few points:
  • If you are burning the SDCARD from Windows or MacOS, use Etcher. It works really well on those platforms (As well as some Intel/AMD Linux platforms).
  • You do not need to pre-format the SDCARD, the image overwrites the formatting anyway, just use a raw card or understand that you are overwriting sector by sector new partitions and filesystems.
  • Generally, we recommend a CLASS 10 or better SDCARD.  Lower class ones will usually work, but they are more likely to fail as they are really designed for lower duty cycles (and they are often faster as well).
It does sound like you may have a defective card, it is hard to say.  Many of the image writing programs have the ability to verify the writes.  Also, since the partitions/filesystem (except /boot) are foreign to Windows and MacOS, you probably won't see them from your PC/Mac.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 8:41 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
First, thanks to everyone for helping.  I may be missing something.  I keep getting the same read only errors whether or not the card is in the locked position.

Sunday night and last night i used diskimager, for some reason it didn't work.  After attempting to boot the pi on sunday and nothing happening, i check the card on the pc, it had nothing on it and said it was empty.  I tried again last night, and still nothing.  The card is a pny 32gb micro sdhc card and looks to be a class 1 card.  I formatted to fat 32 before writing the image to the card.  I used the same computer as when i first wrote the raspbian.

I'm thinking its possibly the card or maybe even the user.

Director