Re: RPi / DRAWs Connectivity in the Field and at Home #draws #field #networking #avahi

Julian OH8STN <julian@...>

Its very simple to use your raspberry pi to connect to your home network when you're at home, or to act as an access point in the field.
Here's the tutorials used. Read all the comments before you begin the tutorial. https://thepi.io/how-to-use-your-raspberry-pi-as-a-wireless-access-point/#comment-6316

This picture was from my outing today. I was operating the Raspberry Pi as an access point. I connected to my Raspberry Pi with my Android tablet over VNC.

Hope this helps
73
Julian

Julian OH8STN
www.oh8stn.org
www.youtube.com/c/OH8STN

On 3 Apr 2019 04:01, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 5:52 PM <john.chabalko@...> wrote:

I'll also check out 44 net VPN - thanks for that suggestion Bill
_

Getting GPS from your phone/tablet will be difficult unless they are running gpsd or similar.  You can USB tether or use your phone as a WiFi Hotspot.  Another option is a 4G LTE USB dongle and SIM card for the field -- or a router like in the video discussing 44-net VPN

Edmonds, WA