Re: Using a PiDrive with Draws HatUsing a PiDrive with Draws Hat

okiejim

I'm not an expert but I believe it will work on the PiDrive as long as you use the PiDrive power instead of the 12 volt supply. My new Pi3B+ should be in by this weekend. I will try my draws on it and see if I still has troubles. As far as my PiDrve it is working just fine. So the draws hat is what may have been what was damaged. If you can wait awhile I will update with further details.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 1:21 PM okiejim via Groups.Io <kd6vpe=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I wanted to use my PiDrive as it is already setup as my access point and dhcp server to my ham shack on wheels. I plugged the hat in and hooked up an external 12 volt source. When I powered it up it gave me a smoke signal. I quickly disconnected power. So I then hooked it up to a pi2 that I have. Using the same 12 volt cable it fired up both the pi and draws hat. But it is not recognizing a sound card. I have ordered a pi3 B+ and will try it on that when it arrives. I hope I did not blow the card. showudrc.sh shows it sees the draws hat.