ThumbDV - AMBEServer #thumbdv

andyw999@...

Hi

I have a ThumbDV running at 460K.

It runs fine with AMBEServer in half duplex mode sending either SPEECH packet or CHANNEL packet.

I am sending companded 160 byte audio packets and get back the AMBE packet OK and this runs at 50 packets per second as expected.

If I then loop the AMBE packets back I only see ~34 packets per second being looped back and if I stop sending packets it keeps going for quite a while as they have been buffered.

It also will do an internal hard reset when it gets really upset -

Received Serial data packet with type 0 and length 1:

0000:  61 00 01 00 39

I know the chip is supposed to do full duplex but has anybody tried it successfully?

As at this point I do not know if it is a limitation of the AMBE chip in packet mode or something stupid I am doing!

Thanks

Andy.