Re: DRAWS

Fred Hirsch <Hirschfh@...>

John,

I primarily want to monitor the radio and its APRS function.  I would like to access the APRS Log and be able to change APRS parameter to include
the embedded greeting message.  I do not want it to anything more on 2 2 meters.  Now HF may be something else.  For example, I would like to do RTTY with it.

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Apr 4, 2019 3:34 pm
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS

What do you want to do with the D710G? If you want to run APRS you don't need to do anything, just plug your weather station into the radio, configure APRS in the D710 menus and you're rolling, no PI required. 

If you want to run echolink, or another digital mode with the radio, then setting it up with DRAWs is a good option. You'll need the right wire from the kenwood round serial connector -> DB9 -> USB, or one that goes direct from the round connector to USB.

You'd use the RPi to control the radio via USB and connect the "DATA" port from the kenwood to the DRAWs. Then i think any of the digital mode apps would be an option providing there are other users on 2m/440.

If i'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do let me know.

Join main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.