Re: Bridging the digital voice and data gap

Tyrell Berry <kd7kuj@...>

Maybe your all confused...  audio doesn't have to come out a speaker to be analog.  To be perfectly clear, the dv-dongle is still converting a digital signal to an  analog one...  and a second chip is required to go into any another digital code. Even if a lossless digital codec is used in between (like wave or similar), the conversion to a lossy format like AMBE is the troublesome one...  not the conversion to analog. Yes, less signal is lost vs going out a speaker and into a  microphone, but the principles I stated before are largely the same, and I'm not convinced the resulting stream of bits will be legible audio.

As for the conversion from fdma to tdma, if NAT can convert ip addresses, this should be easy.

On Aug 1, 2012 7:54 AM, "Reid" <reid.crowe@...> wrote:

Will the UDR56K4 be able to support the switching speeds required for DMR?

-Reid N0RC