Re: fldigi with DRAWS #draws #fldigi

John Amdor III

After making my own cable to connect an IC-706 to the DRAWS, I think the hammadeparts.com cable is worth the price.

John K0MXL

On 4/11/19 4:29 PM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
Ham Made Parts makes a cable - https://hammadeparts.com/shop-for-cables?olsPage=products%2Ficom-13-pin-din-acc-port-to-nw-digital-draws-hat-6-pin-mini-din-packet-port-plug&page=3&sortOption=ascend_by_name
On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 2:10 PM Jack Spitznagel <@flyingfrawg <mailto:@flyingfrawg>> wrote:
The IC-7300 has only a 13 pin DIN connector. You would need create
an adapter with the 13 pin DIN pigtail that came with the rig. If
you no longer have (or never had) one, the MFJ-5213 will work for
the rig end. See the pinouts on page 12-1 of the IC-7300 manual.____
__ __
*KD4IZ____*
*Jack Spitznagel____*
*FM19oo____*
__ __
*From:* main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
<mailto:main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
<main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
<mailto:main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of *Julian OH8STN
*Sent:* Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:22
*To:* main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
<mailto:main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nw-digital-radio] fldigi with DRAWS #draws #fldigi____
__ __
It sounds like you're running the 7300 from its internal sound card
(audio codec) via the USB port, rather than from the DRAWS hat. You
must connect the DRAWS hat to the 6 pin mini-din on the rear of the
7300. Then select the DRAWS hat as the audio source in fldigi, after
its configuration.____
Apologies if I misunderstood your configuration.____
73____
Julian oh8stn ____