Re: DRAWS Boot and GPS issues #support

mathison ott

I know that the first 2 batches of 10k units didnt responded to low voltage. Is the board regulating 5v properly. check to see what thr voltage is on battery vs psu.

Just my thoughts. https://www.dimensionengineering.com makes some good voltege regulators.

73 KJ6DZB

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019, 6:23 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
I ran some tests, with a weak battery and no battery.  In each case, if the power is removed from the DRAWS™ HAT, then the GPS has to cold start and can take up to a few minutes to begin reporting time and position.  If you do not remove power, and/or have a fresh battery, then it should come up quickly.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 9:52 PM John D Hays - K7VE via Groups.Io <john=hays.org@groups.io> wrote:
Chuck -- how long do you leave cgps or gpsmon running (in case of loss of satellite data and the GPS is cold starting)?

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 9:22 PM Chuck - VA7UL/VA7ULD & VE1CAM <va7ul@...> wrote:
Thanks John!  Private reply sent with three attachments.

73,  Chuck

Edmonds, WA

Edmonds, WA