Re: FT-847 PTT with wsjt-x not working #draws

Basil Gunn

Jim,

Thanks for the update.

You shouldn't have to play with transmit levels.
Look in your FT-847 manual for recommended TX audio levels for digital
mode, then use John's web app for the appropriate ALSA settings.
Let us know what settings work for you.

/Basil

okiejim <kd6vpe@...> writes:

After all this trial and error. Really!!! I was trying all weekend to
get this working. I finally decided I should just do a factory reset
on my ft-847 since I had been doing so many things. I did and after
that I couldn't get the CAT to work anymore. I checked the baud rate
and the default was 4800. I had been running it at 57600. So I said
why not and set the wsjt-x rate to 4800. WaaLaa I have PTT working and
CAT. So anyone having issues this may help. I now need to play with
transmit levels to get a good QSO none yet.