Re: FT-847 PTT with wsjt-x not working #draws

okiejim

Thank you John.
I got out the ole magnifier and see what you said. I had looked at that page before but did not see the small print. Just like contracts. lol.
I have set it up to this with draw manager and will have to try later. Currently here in Oklahoma we are under tornado warnings and the bands are not open.
I will updzte when I get the next chance. Thank you you guys, I will share the t

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 4:42 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
If you look at page 17 of the FT-847 Manual in the lower left corner, you will see the drive levels to use for transmit (pin 1).  Use those values (HF digital on Yaesu usually uses the 1200 baud packet pins for TX/RX and likely the 1200 baud drive level.)

Use the procedure from the DRAWS™ Manager video. To set the level.  For 40 mv, it should look like
Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 2.28.40 PM.png

If you have a second receiver the transmitted signal should sound like what you hear on the receiver when receiving the same mode.  You could also use a scope to look at the signal on pin 1.

On the FT-847 there is also a data I/O stereo jack on the back of the radio (in addition to the packet port), see page 16 in the manual.

The FT-847 is a fine radio.  I operated one for a few years, including using the 9600 baud packet port for a D-STAR receive capability.  However, it is long out of production and that is why Yaesu no longer has support for it.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 2:08 PM okiejim <kd6vpe@...> wrote:
Thank you for all your work,
So not that I have the PTT working I just need to get some audio out. I have not been able to make a QSO yet. I decode fine. It must be a level thing. I tried asking Yeasu Tech Support and their response was that they no longer support my ft-847. I have started  out with the sample for the ft-817. What is the best way to listen to the output of the draws hat? Should it sound like what I hear on the recieve?

Edmonds, WA