From: Tyrell Berry ;
To: ;
Subject: Re: [UniversalDigitalRadio] Re: Bridging the digital voice and data gap
Sent: Thu, Aug 2, 2012 10:52:00 PM

Fair enough, I stand corrected.  Even as I hit send, I more or less knew I was wrong and should have said simply "uncompressed audio".  Still, every time you convert to a lossy format, audio data is lost, and we don't have much to work with from the get-go.

On Aug 2, 2012 3:22 PM, "Tony Langdon, VK3JED" <vk3jed@...> wrote:

At 06:59 PM 8/2/2012, you wrote:
> [...]

But you are NOT passing analog audio down the USB cable. You're
passing digital PCM to a USB sound device built into the
radio. Semantics are important in this discussion, and my point
still stands, there are no analog signals around a DV Dongle, just an
AMBE coded bitstream and a PCM bitstream (plus commands to the dongle
and status/responses back).

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com