Re: Good 2m rig?

Mike Besemer

TM-V71 & FTM-100D.

I think there was a way to bring COS out of the TM-271, but that option disappeared on the -281.

I agree… for the extra $5 it would cost to add a dataport, I wish all the manufacturers would get on-board and start putting one on their entry level radios.

73 and good luck,

Mike

WM4B

From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io [mailto:main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve McGrane
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 10:23 AM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: [nw-digital-radio] Good 2m rig?

Is there a list of known compatible (or at least community aware working) radios?
My FT-891 is working fine on the HF side of things (should be back any day now) and I'm working on my TM-281, but I'm flying blind creating an interface cable and hoping for the best. 

Last night I spent a bit of time looking for a 2m radio with a data connector (really hoping to find one with a useful DIN-6 connector already).  But as you know the people that make and sell radios have never once tried to buy one and their websites are just "lovely".
Callum does a better job explaining it than I do:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KfbOXc6OU8
What I would love to see is a list of radios side by side with features and a set of useful filter check boxes to narrow down the array of choices.  Similar to my missive above:  "Show me all 2m capable radios with a data port"

Join main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.