Re: Good 2m rig?

Keith Williamson

I've had good luck with the Alinco DR135's. They're only $165 but are 2m only.  You do have to deal with the DB-9 data port.

I've used them for APRS digipeating and as AllstarLink simplex nodes.

I am tempted to get a TM-V71A based on what I'm reading here though. Seems like the best fit for fldigi on RPi/DRAWS/DigiLink stack.

Keith
KF7DRV

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:30 AM Keating Floyd <kc4hsi@...> wrote:
I'll pile in positively on Ham Made Parts (no affiliation, just a happy customer.)

Nice and easy to deal with.

73,

Keating
KC4HSI

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 1:13 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
I believe Ham Made Parts have a cable for this.

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:01 AM Steve, N9VW <steve@...> wrote:
Bill,
You missed one vendor, Bridgecom. They make a series of single band
radios that have a 15 pin connector for interfacing. These are resonably
priced ($240) units. I will be setting one up for evaluation with the
DRAWS unit in the coming weeks.

73 de Steve, N9VW

On 5/24/2019 9:53 AM, Bill Vodall wrote:
>> Is there a list of known compatible (or at least community aware working) radios?
> Here's a start of list where I was attempting to organize our options.
>
>    https://groups.io/g/nwaprs/wiki/Radios-for-Packet
>
> Oh if only we had a modern Kantronics D4-10 with agile frequency control..
>
> Until then, the V71 is the winner for VHF/UHF.
>
> Bill

Kingston, WA