Re: Good 2m rig?

k6acj

Yaesu FT817/818, FT7800, 8800 and 8900 are all excellent portable, mobile, fixed station data radios at 1200 and 9600 baud and the DATA DIN connector is the same for all of them.  9600 takes a very good radio so don’t go by the advertisements alone as some just don’t work very well.  I use the 817 and 9800 and have helped others with each model, no trouble and easy to setup.  Bill k6acj RACES, Aprs and Winlink.

On May 24, 2019, at 7:23 AM, Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...> wrote:

Is there a list of known compatible (or at least community aware working) radios?
My FT-891 is working fine on the HF side of things (should be back any day now) and I'm working on my TM-281, but I'm flying blind creating an interface cable and hoping for the best.

Last night I spent a bit of time looking for a 2m radio with a data connector (really hoping to find one with a useful DIN-6 connector already).  But as you know the people that make and sell radios have never once tried to buy one and their websites are just "lovely".
Callum does a better job explaining it than I do:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KfbOXc6OU8
What I would love to see is a list of radios side by side with features and a set of useful filter check boxes to narrow down the array of choices.  Similar to my missive above:  "Show me all 2m capable radios with a data port"
<20190524_092107.jpg>