Re: Bridging the digital voice and data gap

"Tony Langdon, VK3JED" <vk3jed@...>

At 10:29 AM 8/3/2012, you wrote:

Depending on what the bit rate is for NXDN, there may only need to be a conversion to and from D-Star's bit rate; does anyone know that information off-hand? The nice thing is that we probably won't need more than one chip as long as there isn't a need to handle full-duplex digital voice.

For Reid: this is more of a brainstormimg session for a protocol conversion interface than a specific functionality request for the UDR56K. I know that there is some interest in bridging between the Hytera and Motorola DMR implementations, which I'm sure Tyrell can confirm; I see a need for similar bridging between other protocols, even if others don't.
Well, what could be useful here is an interface in the UDR56K that presents the raw digital audio data, so it can be processed by an external AMBE (or whatever) decoder, making an external transcoder easier to implement.

Just contributing in the brainstorming spirit.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com