Re: Using a PiDrive with Draws Hat #draws #pidrive

Christopher Warren

The problem you are experiencing is being caused by the lack of power to run the hard drive.
Buy yourself a Y USB splitter to allow the drive to be powered from a separate supply. Make sure the voltage does not also supply the RPI. I had to cut the positive lead in the y splitter cable. So be careful.

On Sat, 25 May 2019, 21:00 okiejim, <kd6vpe@...> wrote:
I just plugged the harddrive into a USB port on the Pi3. I now get the lightning bolt when the drvie is accessed. When idle the lightning bolt is not on. So it is working but un-sure at this point about other devices. I will run it this way over the weekend to see if it holds up. I do see all of the partitions I built with the WDLabs image so that is cool. I am running the beta13 image right now. I have mis-placed my ps2 female pig tail. When I find it I will solder up a connector for the 2m rig and see if I have enough power to drive the radio audio. More to come.