Re: 2m rig Update

Basil Gunn

To debug PTT issues:
Use the 'How to use measure_deviate.sh' notes here:
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/deviation

Use left & right connector locations and either tune a second radio to
the same frequency as your test radio so you can hear the tone or watch
your radio to see if it transmits. If that doesn't work you have a cable
problem.

/Basil

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...> writes:

Follow-up to the cable issue.

I've double checked the setup. If I put the hand mic back in line and
Press PTT, my receiving radio breaks squelch, so it would seem that the PTT
circuit is not activating from DRAWS.

I checked with Basil's notes and I've got PTT setup for 12 & 23. For
grins, I've reversed the GPIO numbers and cables such that I've hit all
combos of l/r ports and 12/13 GPIOs. still no joy.

Any thoughts?

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 7:25 PM Temporarily Offline <
temporarilyoffline@...> wrote:

So far I can receive only.

I'm getting a little screwed up in the pin labeling and what side of the
cable I'm on.

What I have so far:

Cable from DRAWS w/end cut reveals

Pin 6 Green
Pin 5 Black
Pin 4 Orange
Pin 3 Yellow
Pin 2 Brown
Pin 1 Red

Radio uses an RJ-45 MIC cable and a speaker audio

Pin 1 N/C
Pin 2 DC 8V
Pin 3 GND
Pin 4 PTT
Pin 5 GND (MIC)
Pin 6 MIC
Pin 7 N/C
Pin 8 DTMF Data

Plus TRS on rear audio 1/8th jack

I have
DRAWS = Radio
1 = 6
2 = 5
3 = 4
4 = N/C
5 = Rear Speaker TIP
6 = N/C
GND = N/C

Any thoughts?

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 6:47 PM David Lowry <huskyrunnr@...> wrote:

https://imgur.com/iMaXWRR

Not sure if it is correct but is sure fills up my map.