Re: 2m rig Update

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

I got some time today (its raining!) to play with this.

Initially the measure_deviation.sh script would run and not trip the PTT circuit.  So I re-wired the cable and after looking more closely, I don't even understand why it worked in the first place.  I think originally I had the speaker from the radio connected to the ground pin on the draws din6 connector???  maybe the ground is "noisy enough" that it got picked up elsewhere???

Here is my rewire:

Radio MIC   to DRAWS AFOUT
Radio PTT   to DRAWS PTT
Radio GND   to DRAWS GND
Radio AFOUT to DRAWS AFIN

(I'm guessing that a common ground would help out.  The DRAWS and the radio are plugged into the same power supply, so this could also be creating a loop)

And the results are that measure_deviate.sh will trip the PTT, but will not stop PTTing.

The DRAWS will both send and receive APRS messages using XASTIR.  XASTIR repeats the "text message" several times and has the same "won't stop PTTing" problem.

So its progress... but it comes at a price.

1. Any ideas on the won't stop PTTing issue?
2. If you think I'm making a ground loop and shouldn't let me know.

Thanks,
- Steve

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 8:19 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

To debug PTT issues:
Use the 'How to use measure_deviate.sh' notes here:
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/deviation

Use left & right connector locations and either tune a second radio to
the same frequency as your test radio so you can hear the tone or watch
your radio to see if it transmits. If that doesn't work you have a cable
problem.

/Basil