Re: 2m rig Update

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

Thanks for getting back to me.

DRAWS Side:

Pin 3/Orange writing 1 to pin 12 will raise voltage to 4.22v
PTT light goes on

Pin 3/Orange writing 0 to pin 12 will lower voltage to 3.6mv
PTT light goes off

Removing the cable I think is PTT on the radio side and touching the ground on the DRAWS side (Pin 5) results in open transmit until removed.

New Development:  If I have radio and DRAWS connected properly I can turn on PTT with CLI.  When I turn off PTT at CLI, DRAWS PTT light goes out, THEN if I touch something to the PTT it adds enough resistance to pull the circuit down and turn off the radio.

So I tried some resistors in-line:

1.0k = Too Much PTT wouldn't open
____?
820 = Close, works, but  not very reliably
570 = Too Little PTT wouldn't close

outside of that, I'm either out of ideas or parts.

`gpio -g write 12 1 && sleep 1 && gpio -g write 12 0`

Any thoughts are welcome?

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 2:17 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Verify the DRAWS hat
--------------------
Disconnect the cable from your radio but plug into DRAWS hat
on the open connector put your volt meter on what you think is the PTT pin

Manually turn the gpio for PTT on & off

Left connector:
PTT On:
gpio -g write 12 1
PTT Off:
gpio -g write 12 0
PTT Check:
gio -g read 12

Right connector:
PTT On:
gpio -g write 23 1
PTT Off:
gpio -g write 23 0
PTT Check:
gio -g read 23

Verify your radio

Disconnect the cable from DRAWS hat & connect to radio.
Ground the pin you think is the PTT pin ... did your radio transmit?
Un-ground the PTT pin ... did the radio stop transmitting?

/Basil