Re: Using a PiDrive with Draws Hat #draws #pidrive

Sam Wash

Yes

On May 28, 2019, at 9:03 AM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 8:54 AM k6acj <k6acj@...> wrote:
I’ve been booting from the external Toshiba 500gig USB drive for years but the Pi still needs /boot on the SD card to read the configuration then continues booting from the external drive.  In your case are you saying the SD card is completely eliminated if the PiDrive is used ?

Building the external boot is not too hard: DD the SD image to the HD then figure out the Linux ID of the external HD, edit I think it is /boot/config.txt with the external ID and reboot.  I wrote up the routine on the rasperry pi forums long ago but it should still be there, search boot external hard drive.      Bill acj

On May 23, 2019, at 2:48 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

From an Operating System point of view, "Compass" is Raspbian Linux.

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 1:58 PM okiejim <kd6vpe@...> wrote:
I feel soooo bad you guys. I  have not updated this for you. I did get my draws hat working fine on the new PI3B+. It is working just fine. I never tried again on the piDrive as it was working with the new PI and I wanted to play for awhile. My HF rig just bit the dust yesterday and I have to send it off for repair. So now is the time I guess to try the piDrive again. I do want to make that work because of the elimination of the SD Card requirement. With the PiDrive you can boot from the harddrive. I was hoping to be able to do the same with Compass Linux. So we shall try sometime this week and see what happens again. Wish me luck.

Kingston, WA

Kingston, WA