Re: Good 2m rig?

Basil Gunn

Try setting the PC baud rate on the radio to 57600.
Also try connecting a serial program like screen and typing in the radio ID string. It should respond with 'OK'.
screen /dev/ttyUSB0 57600

TMV71 or D700
When I'm in front of my radio again I'll find out which works.
/Basil n7nix

On May 31, 2019 10:45:22 PM PDT, Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:
Check out a recent script (wlgw-check.sh) I wrote for rig control of the tm-v71.
https://github.com/n7nix/auto-rmsgw-find
This script iterates through a list of RMS gateways using a TM-V71a and Hamlib rigctl
/Basil

On May 31, 2019 5:43:34 PM PDT, Keith Williamson <hkwilliamson@...> wrote:
I now have a TM-V71a connected to my UDRC and am trying to get rigctl to work with it. I have an equivalent of a PG-5H connected to a serial/USB converter enumerated as /dev/ttyUSB0. My first test of the cable was with chirp and it seems to work fine.

When I try ""rigctl -m 234 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -vvvv", I see multiple read_string timeouts and then rigctl enters command mode. When I try "f" to get the current vfo frequency, I get multiple read_string timeouts and finally "get_freq: error = Communication timed out".

Are there specific serial params needed to talk to the V71a? (e.g. RTS/CTS flow control, specific baud rate)?

Thanks for any help!

Keith
KF7DRV

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 4:13 PM Doug Henry <doug.henry1@...> wrote:
Bill, 6 pin mini din 1200 and 9600  although I've only used on 1200.

Doug VE1ZG

On Sat, 25 May 2019 at 19:59, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:
> The Icom IC-7000 has a data port that works well for packet.

6 pin mini-din or other?

1200 baud and/or 9600 baud?