Re: Good 2m rig?

Keith Williamson

Hi again,

Got it working. Needed to use RTS/CTS flowcontrol. Now if I change the VFO freq on the radio it's reflected on the Fldigi display and if I change it on the Fldigi display its reflected on the radio.

Very nice.

I'm already really liking this new TM-V71A radio!

73,

Keith
KF7DRV

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 12:06 PM Keith Williamson via Groups.Io <hkwilliamson=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks, Basil.

I had a couple of issues. I had tried to configure Fldigi to use Hamlib for rig control. That seemed to have hung the PC interface in the radio until I power cycled it. Additionally, I saw a few undervoltage warnings in dmesg so I switched to a beefier supply.

After changing out the Pi power supply and power cycling the radio, rigctl is working fine at 57600.

So now I need to figure out how to use Hamlib in Fldigi. Here is how I have it configured (although I currently have "Use Hamlib" unchecked). I figure I want to continue to use GPIO 23 for PTT (via the GPIO tab) so I have PTT via Hamlib command unchecked.

What should be used for flow control? Anything on this panel pop out to you as an issue?

image.png

Thanks,

Keith
KF7DRV

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 6:59 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:
Try setting the PC baud rate on the radio to 57600.
Also try connecting a serial program like screen and typing in the radio ID string. It should respond with 'OK'.
screen /dev/ttyUSB0 57600

TMV71 or D700
When I'm in front of my radio again I'll find out which works.
/Basil n7nix

On May 31, 2019 10:45:22 PM PDT, Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:
Check out a recent script (wlgw-check.sh) I wrote for rig control of the tm-v71.
https://github.com/n7nix/auto-rmsgw-find
This script iterates through a list of RMS gateways using a TM-V71a and Hamlib rigctl
/Basil

On May 31, 2019 5:43:34 PM PDT, Keith Williamson <hkwilliamson@...> wrote:
I now have a TM-V71a connected to my UDRC and am trying to get rigctl to work with it. I have an equivalent of a PG-5H connected to a serial/USB converter enumerated as /dev/ttyUSB0. My first test of the cable was with chirp and it seems to work fine.

When I try ""rigctl -m 234 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -vvvv", I see multiple read_string timeouts and then rigctl enters command mode. When I try "f" to get the current vfo frequency, I get multiple read_string timeouts and finally "get_freq: error = Communication timed out".

Are there specific serial params needed to talk to the V71a? (e.g. RTS/CTS flow control, specific baud rate)?

Thanks for any help!

Keith
KF7DRV

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 4:13 PM Doug Henry <doug.henry1@...> wrote:
Bill, 6 pin mini din 1200 and 9600  although I've only used on 1200.

Doug VE1ZG

On Sat, 25 May 2019 at 19:59, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:
> The Icom IC-7000 has a data port that works well for packet.

6 pin mini-din or other?

1200 baud and/or 9600 baud?