Re: How to bring "down" PTT?

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

This is a Kenwood TM-281a.  It does not have a DIN connection and I am making up a break out cable that connects DRAWS to MIC+Rear Speaker.

I have everything working except the "release the PTT button on the mic" on the radio side.

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 1:59 PM kc9dfk <kc9dfk@...> wrote:
What kind of radio are you trying to setup? What are circuit are you to use?

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019, 11:39 AM Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...> wrote:
I'm chasing this PTT issue on my 2m unit and I'm not sure where to go from here.  I'm out of parts or ideas or both.

The DRAWS hat will signal PTT and the radio will open transmit and send as it is supposed to.  When DRAWS is done, DRAWS PTT will shut off, but the radio still transmits.

What can I put "in-line" in the PTT wire to get the signal closer to "zero"?

Am I asking the right question?

- Steve