Re: udrc-dkms fails to install after updating system/kernel

Basil Gunn

Cross posting this from the udrc forum.
Not sure why you are asking your questions in main.

The tlv320aic3204 driver in the 4.19.42 kernel will NOT work
reliably. You need to stick with the 4.14.98 kernel until all of Anna's
patches work their way into the main stream kernel.

From Anna:

ALSA changed the API to some of their calls, and the old TLV320 driver
doesn’t have the calls. The new TLV320 driver is in the Raspbian
kernel, but it won’t work reliably until I get the final patch pushed
in the kernel.
Do NOT do an apt-get upgrade for a while until this gets fixed.
I have taken apt-get upgrade out of prog_refresh.sh script.
Where are the sources for udrc-dkms package?
/var/lib/dkms/udrc/1.0.5/source

The udrc/draws tlv320aic32x4 driver is transitioning to a main line
linux kernel driver and will not be built using dkms in future kernels.

/Basil

Christopher AI6KG <ch@...> writes:

I just reverted back to the latest image. I will avoid upgrading the
kernel for now.

Where are the sources for udrc-dkms package?

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 12:23 PM Christopher AI6KG via Groups.Io <ch=
murgatroid.com@groups.io> wrote:

#udrc-dkms #dkms #rpi

udrc-dkms fails to install after updating system/kernel as seen below.

73 de AI6KG

pi@draws:~ $ sudo apt update
Hit:1 http://archive.compasslinux.org cedar InRelease
Hit:2 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian stretch InRelease

Get:3 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian stretch InRelease [15.0
kB]
Fetched 15.0 kB in 2s (5,695 B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
All packages are up to date.
pi@draws:~ $ sudo apt upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer
required:
dkms
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it.
pi@draws:~ $ sudo apt install udrc-dkms
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
udrc-dkms
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/27.7 kB of archives.
After this operation, 233 kB of additional disk space will be used.
(Reading database ... 139013 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../udrc-dkms_1.0.5_armhf.deb ...
Leaving 'diversion of /boot/overlays/udrc.dtbo to
/usr/share/udrcdkmshack/udrc.dtbo by udrcdkmshack'
Leaving 'diversion of /boot/overlays/draws.dtbo to
/usr/share/udrcdkmshack/draws.dtbo by udrcdkmshack'
Unpacking udrc-dkms (1.0.5) ...
dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/udrc-dkms_1.0.5_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/boot/overlays/draws.dtbo', which is also in package
raspberrypi-kernel 1.20190517-1
/var/cache/apt/archives/udrc-dkms_1.0.5_armhf.deb
pi@draws:~ $ dpkg -l |grep raspberrypi-kernel
ii raspberrypi-kernel 1.20190517-1
armhf Raspberry Pi bootloader
ii raspberrypi-kernel-headers 1.20190517-1
armhf Header files for the Raspberry Pi Linux kernel