Re: udrc-dkms fails to install after updating system/kernel

Christopher AI6KG

yeah, sorry if i asked in the wrong place.   realized that after the fact.    73.

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 10:24 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Cross posting this from the udrc forum.
Not sure why you are asking your questions in main.

> The tlv320aic3204 driver in the 4.19.42 kernel will NOT work
> reliably. You need to stick with the  4.14.98 kernel until all of Anna's
> patches work their way into the main stream kernel.
>
> From  Anna:
>
>> ALSA changed the API to some of their calls, and the old TLV320 driver
>> doesn’t have the calls.  The new TLV320 driver is in the Raspbian
>> kernel, but it won’t work reliably until I get the final patch pushed
>> in the kernel.
>
> Do NOT do an apt-get upgrade for a while until this gets fixed.
> I have taken apt-get upgrade out of prog_refresh.sh script.

> Where are the sources for udrc-dkms package?

/var/lib/dkms/udrc/1.0.5/source

The udrc/draws tlv320aic32x4 driver is transitioning to a main line
linux kernel driver and will not be built using dkms in future kernels.

/Basil