Re: How to bring "down" PTT?

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

Ok, so now it works... magic I guess.

DRAWS => RADIO
AFOUT => MIC
PTT   => PTT
GND   => MIC GND
AFIN  => Rear Speaker TIP

Sep Non-insulated GND in DIN cable => GND in RJ-45 Bundle

I'm not really sure why this works, all I did was change around the ground alignment.  Before I was marrying all the grounds, now I have the MIC/MIC GND isolated to the DRAWS GND

If anybody can explain this, I'm all ears.

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 12:48 PM Temporarily Offline <temporarilyoffline@...> wrote:
The PTT line is 4.94v when the radio is on and the DRAWS/Pi is not

When the Pi comes on, the PTT line goes negative.

I have PTT line on draws connected to PTT line on Radio... but I'm thinking they both produce 5v and they should be connected in a crossover fashion?

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 8:23 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
The PTT Output on DRAWS is an open collector NPN Transistor. It expects the Radio to have a pullup to Positive voltage, typically 5-12V.

If the PTT LED goes off then the SW has done its job.

Measure the voltage on PTT when yo power up, then again when you PTT and release.

Bryan K7UDR