From: Steve ;
To: UniversalDigitalRadio@... ;
Subject: Re: [UniversalDigitalRadio] Critical Mass
Sent: Mon, Sep 3, 2012 3:37:24 AM

Ha!  I ment MPLS...  To much wine tonight.

N0FPF

On Sunday, September 2, 2012, Steve wrote:
So are you going to be adding routing and switching protocols to the base system?
Which USRP are you adding? It is a widly used acronym.  If you do VOIP, ROIP, maybe MSRP would be a good option too. This would not be needed at the clients but I could see it at repeater / backbone nodes.

Steve N0FPF

On Sunday, September 2, 2012, Matthew Pitts wrote:

Steve,

It could be done either way, though I would probably use the hsmm-mesh as the primary network transport and the UDR56K as whichever secondary system I happened to need. I'm even contemplating pairing the UDR56K with a USRP and some open source software as an emergency telephone system for use until normal telephone service can be restored to an affected area.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android