Re: Critical Mass

"John K Scoggin, Jr" <aat3bf@...>

I was referring to use on the amateur bands.  MARS, to the best of my knowledge, has never had access to wideband UHF channels.  We had some channels in the 406-420 MHz in the past, but I believe they were lost when DHS started screaming for more…

john

From: UniversalDigitalRadio@... [mailto:UniversalDigitalRadio@...] On Behalf Of brad_ka3yan
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 12:52 PM
To: UniversalDigitalRadio@...
Subject: [UniversalDigitalRadio] Re: Critical Mass

Bryan,

I asked my state MARS director (Navy-MC MARS) about the use of this for our state and was told that Navy-MC MARS does not have any UHF frequencies. In other words, as an organization we cannot use this radio. It was a real bummer to hear since I think this would be a fabulous application for ECOM and statewide traffic routing.

Brad