Re: MicroHAMS Digital Conference - March 23, 2013

"richark" <richark@...>

Dave,

That is interesting, I was also thinking about how we could pull Gary into this in a way that would work for both parties. I'm afraid we can't afford to 'pay' him to come out and shoot the conference. I think the club would be OK with him doing it and 'owning' the content, but I don't know if it would make sense for him. I'll drop him a note and see what he thinks....

I've also had the suggestion to 'broadcast' the conference using Google Hangouts. This is another interesting approach, but will require some more investigation.

73,
Kenny, KU7M

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Dave wrote:

Kenny:
Perhaps Gary Pearce KN4AQ of HamRadioNow would be interested.

Dave- WB6DHW

On 2/4/2013 10:08 PM, richark wrote:

Dave,

We try to record all of the talks, but I'm afraid getting them edited
and posted hasn't always happen. (I'm still sitting on last years!)

If I can find someone willing to-do the editing work, I'd love to have
the posted.

73,
Kenny

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@...
, Dave wrote:

Any chance of videos of the conference for those of us near the left
coast? If they could extend the Seattle network over the mountains,
those of us in northern Idaho and eastern WA would be interested.

Dave - WB6DHW

On 2/4/2013 8:58 PM, richark wrote:

Event information is available here: http://www.microhams.com/mhdc

I'm happy to announce the six annual MicroHAMS Digital Conference!
The
event is scheduled for March 23, 2013 and will again be held on the
Microsoft 'Studio West' campus, located in Redmond, WA. The agenda
this year is a little different then previous years, rather then
covering a wide variety of topics, it is very focus on digital
networking.

We have talks about two local efforts which are currently underway
and
are leveraging off the shelf wireless networking technology for
Amateur radio. The NW-MESH effort is a spin-off of the ARRL HSMM
program, which has been getting lots of traction the last couple
months. The HamWAN project is attempting to provide a high speed
wireless backbone for the greater Seattle area and we'll get an
update
on its status. Additionally the guys from NWDigitalRadio will be back
to give us an update on the very cool UDK56K digital transceiver,
which was one of the coolest things announced at Dayton last year.
(And we got a sneak peak at MHDC last year) Finally we'll get a run
down of interesting things you can do with the Raspberry Pi, which is
being leveraged all over ham radio since its introduction last year.

Because of space limitations and parking requirements on the
Microsoft
campus, we are strongly suggesting pre-registering for the event.
Registration is $30.00 if done prior to the event and will be $35.00
at the door. We have a web-based sign-up form (details below) and
have
arranged pre-payment via the Paypal service. (No Paypal account is
necessary) In addition to the presentations, a demo area will be
setup
along side the conference space and door prizes will be given away.

Event Details
Date: March 23, 2013
Location: Redmond, WA (on the 'Studio West' Microsoft campus)
Time: 8:30 to 17:00+
Lunch: Sub sandwiches (provided)
After Event: Pizza Gathering (local pizza place, to be named later)
Cost: $30 if pre-registered and $35 at the door
Registration Available Now! (See the site)
Agenda Available on the site

73,
Kenny, KU7M