Re: What works out of the box?

"Douglas" <dperv27@...>

All,

I have the same questions..

If I have one UDR w/AMBE, how do I control the frequency and keying? If this is done via the Web Interface, can the freq be set with repeater offsets?

If I have two UDR's in DD mode. Can I extend my home network over them? (Do they basically operate the same as the ID-1's?)

Are their any draft manual avail?

--73 de N1OBU (Doug)

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Dean Gibson AE7Q <yahoo@...> wrote:

1. If I buy just one UDR w/ AMBE3000 board, what can I do with it, out
of the box? Can I talk to other DV radios and repeaters? What
hardware do I need? Besides the obvious control/display interface
(presumably HTTP), I assume that I need a microphone, speaker, and
some sort of gadget (USB sound dongle?) to talk/listen?
2. If I buy two UDRs without DV boards, what can I do with the two of
them, out of the box? Presumably, they can talk to each other and
send Ethernet data back and forth. Can one UDR w/o AMBE fake the
normal DV data mode, with no sound in the voice stream?
3. Why can't the UDR be a full-duplex repeater? Presumably TX/RX
shielding/isolation within the box? If so, do you have a secret,
second (repeater) product in the works?

Inquiring minds want to know ... I could sell my two ID-880H radios for
about the cost of two UDRs, if they were reasonable replacements; ie,
could talk (and do data) to existing D-Star radios.

Do you have an FAQ section on the web site? I didn't find it.

-- Dean