Re: What works out of the box?

"k7udr" <bhhoyer@...>

I'm going to start a new thread and reply to this tomorrow.

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Mark L Friedlander <marklfriedlander@...> wrote:

Good question. For example, can I run a Winlink 2000 RMS Gateway and a
D-RATs Ratflector simultaneously?

73 Mark KV4I

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Douglas <dperv27@...> wrote:

**

All,

What modes/functions work simultaneously?

--73 de N1OBU (FN41AM)

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "k7udr" <bhhoyer@> wrote:

I'm just thinking of a repeater tied up with dead air possibly annoying
voice users. I suppose one could use a dv dongle and capture an AMBE
encoded canned message to include.

There are certainly use cases where this would be ok.

John's our D-STAR expert so I'll let him answer any further discussion.

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Mark L Friedlander
<marklfriedlander@> wrote:

Thanks for the informative post, It answered many of my questions too
but
now I have to ask why did you write, "yes you could use D-RATS with no
voice although I wouldn't recommend it." Why don't you recommend this?
was thinking I'd host a D-RATs Ratflector on a UDR56K.

73 Mark KV4I