Re: Winlink vs. D-STAR

"k7udr" <bhhoyer@...>

Hi Jim,

There's a lot of overlap in those numbers as very few orders indicated D-STAR only. APRS and Winlink are well represented.

60% of orders classified themselves as Experimenters, meaning they're going to buy it then figure out what they want to do with it. 5% of orders clicked EVERY application.

For the server applications; RMS, IGate and ircDDB the UDR will be single purpose if it's up 24/7. In your shack or vehicle you might choose to run UDR Tracker then switch to winlink to check your mail and later use the DV board for voice.

Bryan - K7UDR

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "jim.santee" <jsantee@...> wrote:

I have noticed on the order map that a vast majority of the orders are for D-STAR. What few users we have in our area (Astoria, Oregon) are mainly Winlink. Are those who are ordering D-STAR have a user base or they are being ordered with the idea of developing a user base? This is a "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" I am very interested in D-STAR but I can't outrun my user base. Comments?

Jim
KF7NE