Thank you; that's very helpful. I've reformatted your answers for
ease of reading, and for possible inclusion in an FAQ.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
On 2013-04-12 09:35, Dean Gibson AE7Q
I'm doing station power
planning (West Mountain RigRunner 4012), and I note that the first
set of specs said 12vDC @ 5A, but the more recent one says 6A.
- Q: Does that change w/ the AMBE board?
- Q: Does that include the possible max
draw from the USB ports?
- Q: What fuse capacity do you recommend
(5A, 7.5A, or 10A)?
- Q: Is the UDR internally fused?
A: No, but the USB
power has a 2A polysilicon resettable fuse.
- Q: Someone previously asked about the
power connector. I got the impression that it was not a
standard connector, but you will provide both halves, or a
cable (length?) that mates to the connector. True?
A: It is a
standard Molex RAST-5 connector (2 PCB mount RA fast-on
lugs on 5mm centers in a polarized latching shell).
- Q: Dimensions (including footprint)?
A: L x W x H: 180
x 120 x 80 mm.
- Q: On how many sides are connectors
(this also affects location planning)? Any
externally-visible LEDs (eg, On/TX/RX), or a header for the
user to connect same?
A: Front: Ethernet
w/ link/activity LED, and USB. Red-green LED for CPU; red-green
LED for radio.
A: Rear: RF and