I hope this doesn't turn into a double post...
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Was there any thought into using Anderson Powerpole connectors? These seem to have grown in popularity in the Amateur community. I've converted about 80% of my equipment, including power supplies, to PP.
--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "k7udr" <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
1. Does that change w/ the AMBE board?not significantly
2. Does that include the possible max draw from the USB ports?no
3. What fuse capacity do you recommend (5A, 7.5A, or 10A)?10A
4. Is the UDR internally fused?no, but the USB power has a 2A polysilicon resettable fuse
5. Someone previously asked about the power connector. I got theIt is a standard Molex RAST-5 connector (2 pcb mount RA fast-on lugs on 5mm centers in a Polarized latching shell)
impression that it was not a standard connector, but you will
provide both halves, or a cable (length?) that mates to the
We provide a 2m 14awg unfused cable with mating connector
6. Dimensions (including footprint)?L x W x H: 180 x 120 x 80 mm
7. On how many sides are connectors (this also affects locationFront: Ethernet w link/activity LED and USB
planning)? Any externally-visible LEDs (eg, On/TX/RX), or a header
for the user to connect same?
Red-Green Led for CPU
Red-Green LED for Radio
Rear: RF and Power